Participations of Observatório Político on the Media
The Researchers of Observatório Político have been often requested for media participations in Portugal, given their insights in some of the most current and crucial political, military, social and/or economical matters, such as comments on:
- Portuguese political, social and economic matters, including the elections;
- Political headlining events around the world, such as the independence referendum in Scotland or the pro-democracy protests in Hong Kong;
- Elections in several countries such as Brazil, Spain or Greece or elections for International organizations such as for the new UN Secretary-General;
- Terrorist attacks and international security isues;
- Military tensions and wars, such as in the Gaza Strip, Ukraine/Crimea and Syria;
- International and European cooperation in Military issues.
The most common form of participation has been in the form of invitations for the news shows in Portuguese national TV and radio, and these would also include frequent participations in specialized economics and political shows.
The Political Observatory invited some of its researchers to participate in a secret project, in which it was asked for them to say what they thought about the Observatory, in one or two words. They did not know that one of the Observatory’s researchers, Pedro Mendonça, also a filmmaker, was planning on recording their participation for an institutional presentation.
The researchers were surprised and amused when they realized they were about to participate in a short-movie. You can see a small selection of those moments that, more than a day’s work, turned into a long fun day. Many of the words the researchers chose to use were the same, and the result is a sum up of the dynamic behind this research association.